River Cruise Cover will not pay for claims arising directly or indirectly from:
1. Consequential loss of any kind including loss of enjoyment or any financial loss not specifically covered in the Policy;
2. Pandemic, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), Civil War, rebellion, revolution, insurrection or military or usurped power;
3. any loss or expense with respect to Cuba or a specially designated person, entity, group or company on the Specially Designated List or which if reimbursed or paid by Us would result in Us being in breach of trade or economic sanctions or other such similar laws or regulations;
4. any nuclear reaction or contamination, ionising rays or radioactivity;
5. any Goods and Services Tax (GST) liability or any fine, charge or penalty You are liable for because of a failure to fully disclose to Us Your input tax credit entitlement for the premium;
Examples of what is classed as an insignificant disruption and is therefore not covered:
- If high water levels prohibit the sailing of the ship for an afternoon but we are able to make it under the bridge that evening and deliver you to your scheduled disembarkation place the following day.
- If we swap ships due to high/low water and the ship swap takes less than 6 hours to complete
- If we embark/disembark the ship less than 100 kilometres from your scheduled point of embarkation
- If we have to make alternate arrangement for any itinerary activities. For example, if due to prevailing conditions we are not able to attend Marksburg Castle and we select a replacement of similar quality, this will not constitute an event of delay.
The terms of this River Cruise Cover policy should be read in conjunction with the rights and obligations set out in the applicable booking conditions for your chosen river cruise. Neither these nor your statutory rights are affected. Any sums paid to you under the River Cruise Cover may be offset against any further or additional liability to you under our booking conditions or as otherwise required by law.